Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ramblings 004

E3 = Fecal Expletive

First let me say I hated their "format change" a few years ago when they went from booths and a huge venue tothese sales monkeys abducted from infomercials doing a buzzword laden presentation in front of a friggin jumbotron.

And what's the "buzz" about now? Motion-detecting-calisthenic-aerobics-infrared-doohickeys that will "change the way games are played". Now I like Wii bowling as a GIMMICK game. Ever since I started playing my friend's Atari 2600, that's what I thought of the logistics of videogames. You sit down with a two handed controller and if need be you can prop your head up and play an rpg for hours on end. I don't put a videogame in to exercise or get tennis elbow or carpal tunnel syndrome, that's what the friggin park is for.

It'll be just like the Eye Toy or any other number of useless gadgets that came out all these decades in videogaming history. Why are they doing this, though? My theory is that the big three KNOW for a FACT gamers are becoming exponentially more dull and easy to please with shiny graphics and 45 hours of cg movies. I mean, the most hyped feature in any gaming magazine preview concerning any game is its graphics. Gameplay has taken a backseat to eyecandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment