Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ramblings 002

Ah, the Urban Terror Community...
The last and final post I would ever waste my time writing on their f'ing "forum" got flamed as usual. It's a waste of time for anyone who isn't on the dev team. Why? Because if you aren't on the dev team, they let you know with ridicule and 3rd grade sarcasm you shouldn't be posting on their precious forums. Every time it gets near to releasing a new UrT version, they put up a "#.# Suggestions" board where loyal players who've been enjoying it since 1999 (like yours truly) post suggestions to improve the game. It's a big f'ing joke board where the dev team sits back and enjoys hundreds of valid suggestions coming in that they can dismiss as crap in so many words. Just like Sony and their firmware patches, they pretend to care but don't give two s's. O and god forbid you have a question about Urban. I can tell you right now what you'll get: "Read the manual", "Google it", "Search the forums" or a combination of the three with some added insults. I would suggest putting the following as your SIGNATURE in there:

(Yes I googled it, searched through the forums here, pored through the manual, went to the library, danced a jig, used my shout out in the cash cab, travelled to the Himalayas to ask a sherpa, and decoded the Talmut. So for the love of all that does not suck, can I get an actual answer if someone actually knows? Thanks in advance.)

I'm serious. Do you see me laughing? Yes it's that bad. And on top of that they don't answer questions they know the solution to because they think they're that f'ing above you. I spent 3 months(!) figuring out how to watch recorded Urban Terror 2 & 3 demos as a spectator. I posted to the forum (silly, I know) and I got back "It can't be done, you're a retard ad infinitum". Oh! But I figured it out! I posted the solution to my own friggin problem and the SAME DEV TEAM MEMBER that dismissed it posted something to the effect of "O yeah, that's how it's done, I agree, cause I knew it, look at me I posted another message, give me posting points YAY". The game's still great, but the forums are pure mind melting poison. It's a pit of monkeys f'ing dogs rolling around in heap of manure and medical waste. As of now, I've edited over 30 maps for single flag 1v1 capture and hold and it's GREAT. THOUSANDS of hours of FUN. And I can tell you right now that when those frat boy d-bags release the source code, I'm going to have a field day and make Urban Terror what it should have been all along. So after the source is released, start sending me suggestions because I'll value your opinion and work on it! Gasp! What a concept I know! F the UrT forums in the A-O. F them hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment