Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ramblings 001

Burnout Paradise? Absolutely.

If you (or anyone for that matter) read my blog posts, you'll know me as a classic gamer. If it ain't broke leave it the f alone you piece of s. That's exactly why I didn't buy Burnout Paradise until recently. I've been a closet fan of the series since I got Burnout 3 for the PS2. After that I was hooked and got Burnout Revenge and Burnout Hurricane Tornado or whatever NUMBER 5 was. After I got the PS3 I heard Burnout Paradise was coming soon! Yay! "It's going to be free roaming!" What?! "No restart in mid-race, either." Who the WHY!?! "And we're taking out the crash events." F-ING RAGE CANNON!!!!!! I was livid after hearing this about the then upcoming PS3 port. I just accepted the fact one of my favorite franchises got "bethesdad":

bethesda [bih-thez-duh]noun,verb. bethesdaing, bethesdad1. A game developing company.2. The act of any game developer taking a beloved/legendary game franchise and proceeding to defecate on it, set it on fire, and drag it behind a dump truck until there is nothing left resembling the former game but half a pelvis and a stumpy spinal cord; after which many reviewers' palms are greased to give it hype and rave reviews. (see:Fallout, Final Fantasy, Twisted Metal (989 Studios version), Splinter Cell, Madden, etc...)Used in a sentence: "I hear Jet Moto 2 got bethesdad." AND "Are they really going to bethesda Contra?!"

If it's not a real word, I'm making it one right now. However, I found out last week a patch had been released that allowed restarts as well as a bunch of other improvements. There's still no crash events, but right now the patched Burnout is appeasing my Burnout cravings very well. There's the usual huge collection of useless trophies you can earn now like the Drive 300 Feet trophy, Win a Race trophy, Turn on the PS3 trophy and the Press a Button on the Controller trophy. But all in all, it's a really good game now that it's patched. Who knows, I might even try an online match. Don't hold your breath, though, Mr. Social Butterfly...

No comments:

Post a Comment