Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blazoon.com Home Page

While looking for a new home page for my laptop, I came across Blazoon:
  • Uncluttered layout
  • Loads fast
  • Search any website you want from one textbox
  • Customizable buttons for any site you want (pic, font, transparency, etc.)
  • Add any website to your buttons, doesn't need to be a search
  • Choose whether to open results in own window or another
  • Click the buttons or use directional arrows to navigate
  • Use your personal Blazoon page from any computer
I'm definitely hooked, and now it's on my desktop computer. I made custom Gamestop, Gamespot, Gamefaqs, BTJunkie, Dem0n0id and Craiglook search buttons for mine as well as having the results show up in another tab. What's nice is that it's URL based, so if you wanted, you could make a separate ebay search button for only buy-it-nows or whatever advanced search you want. For example, I have my Craiglook button set to the URL of the search query that gives me anything within 100 miles of Schenectady NY. From one button. Cool? Yes. Get.

Here's what mine looks like right now when I'm signed in:


...and that's pretty much all of what's on screen at any one time. Told you it was uncluttered.

I arranged my email, online banking and weather sites lined up down the left side, as those are the ones I use most frequently. All my online shopping is on the second row and so on. You can organize it however you want, though. When I made the Yahoo Mail and BANK buttons, I didn't use their "TEST" method, so I got a little popup that said I wouldn't be able to use it as a search, but the button would still take me to the URL. Which is PERFECT. This is all I need for a homepage for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment