Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Organization Overload?

I just realized that whenever I gain or lose a videogame I have FIVE things I update. Five.
  • itrackmine.com collection - for insurance purposes, gives total and individual retail price of collection
  • gamespot.com collection - for easy collection ordering by platform/genre
  • amazon.com wishlist - for the ONE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY LOOKS AT THIS COME XMAS/BDAY
  • personal memory card spreadsheet if a PS1 or PS2 game - since the only firmware updates I get for my PS3 since 0.1 have been useless social networking tweaks as opposed to fixing their retarded Memory Card Utility or at least adding some form of navigation
  • personal "what to play" spreadsheet so I don't have to play 20 questions with guests - seriously, I'm getting a little worn out people asking me "what type of game is this" without turning they goddamnz wrist and reading the back
In retrospect, I might be able to cut out Gamespot now if and ONLY if I keep on that what to play spreadsheet, which is merely a tentative project at this time. But until the internet explodes and we're languishing in the last days, I'd prefer to keep an online inventory of my more expensive/prized investments just in case I get robbed AGAIN. Should they actually fix the memory card utility on the PS3 to accommodate gamers that own more than 4 games, I'll gladly cut that monster.

I played around with the idea of using colored circle stickers to categorize my video games, but I think I'll just categorize them by genre with shelf talkers. Also thinking about using custom-built racks to display all the games on the wall side by side in the house we'll be getting someday. Probably in the game & music room (no sense using two rooms for both if I can just fit it all in one).

No comments:

Post a Comment